[SOLVED] Does 2nd monitor decrease performances?

Apr 26, 2019
I'm planning to get new monitor, which is 1MS and 144Hz but will it hardly decrease my gaming performances? And will my GPU/CPU get really high load after i get 2nd monitor?

Solution
Depends what you're doing on the second monitor. If it's just for surfing the web and stuff while playing on the other monitor, the effect will be negligible. If you're planning on making your setup 3840x1080 to play games at the resolution (which is a little weird because the bezels will be right in the middle), then it would have a significant effect.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Depends what you're doing on the second monitor. If it's just for surfing the web and stuff while playing on the other monitor, the effect will be negligible. If you're planning on making your setup 3840x1080 to play games at the resolution (which is a little weird because the bezels will be right in the middle), then it would have a significant effect.

Solution
Apr 26, 2019
FullHD gaming, Just looking on discord steam etc.. Chatting maybe.. Thats the main thing ill do on the second monitor.. So i guess it wont decrease FPS thanks for the quick answer!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
FullHD gaming, Just looking on discord steam etc.. Chatting maybe.. Thats the main thing ill do on the second monitor.. So i guess it wont decrease FPS thanks for the quick answer!

Think of it this way: you can chat on Discord or Steam or surf the web on a GeForce 7800 from nearly 15 years ago. And you can do these things on your phone's CPU pretty easily. Your GPU and CPU, even not knowing your specifics, absolutely eviscerate those components. Day-to-day use like that just doesn't use that much in terms of resources.

Where you might run into a hiccup, if you're too browser-and-chat happy is your actual RAM. As I have a monitor situation quite similar to yours, I'm quite liberal with opening many other things when I have a game running. My main desktop has 32 GB of RAM because of large databases of baseball data I work with and my work rig might be working on something else and I know I can go over 20 GB sometimes when I have a AAA game on one monitor and I'm getting application-happy on the second one.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I have Ryzen 5 1600
RX 580 8GB
8GB Ram (Crappy 1 low speed, Ill upgrade to 3200Mhz 16GB 2X8)
And my windows is on SSD

Yeah, I'd definitely upgrade the RAM for this usage. You want faster RAM and dual-channel anyway with a Ryzen and if you're playing in browsers, those have the potential to eat up quite a bit of RAM as none of them are amazing at avoiding memory leaks.

Apr 26, 2019
So will 2x8 be enough in this situation? I mainly play CSGO, and i know that this is overkill system for that game but still, If i wanna play other games later on i wont need to upgrade ^.^
Oh and yeah, there are many PC builds and sometimes some rams doesnt work with the R5 1600 will the
Kingston HyperX XMP Predator work with that CPU?

Apr 26, 2019
Well, I will be buying it from my local store (Which isnt popular since my country doesnt have popular things in it) all tho i got my PC parts from there and everything works fine, but idk if they will refound me so.. Yea thanks for the help anyway!