undertaker24260

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
CPU- I3 9100F
Motherboard- MSI H310M PRO VDH PLUS
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2666MHZ
GPU- GT 1030
PSU- ISO-400PP

I recently just bought the ram cpu and motherboard and the motherboard had an 8 pin atx power cable but I only have a 4 pin cable. Will it work fine without burning the components. PS. I know my psu is very bad but will it still be fine?

Lutfij

Titan
That PSU is more of a firestarter. You should swap it out for a reliable unit. Thumb rule: You should pick a PSU that has the right connectors for your motherboard.

PS. I know my psu is very bad but will it still be fine?
You want to risk everything in spite of knowing the PSU is bad? It's the same as trying to get into an accident without an airbag or a seatbelt.
^ No offence but during this pandemic, ever resource is precious. In this case, it's the money you spent.

undertaker24260

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
That PSU is more of a firestarter. You should swap it out for a reliable unit. Thumb rule: You should pick a PSU that has the right connectors for your motherboard.

You want to risk everything in spite of knowing the PSU is bad? It's the same as trying to get into an accident without an airbag or a seatbelt.
^ No offence but during this pandemic, ever resource is precious. In this case, it's the money you spent.
I dont really have money for a new psu atm but I have a psu upgrade planned definitely. I just want to know if it'll work fine for atm

undertaker24260

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
CPU- I3 9100F
Motherboard- MSI H310M PRO VDH PLUS
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2666MHZ
GPU- GT 1030
PSU- ISO-400PP

I recently just bought the ram cpu and motherboard and the motherboard had an 8 pin atx power cable but I only have a 4 pin cable. Will it work fine without burning the components. PS. I know my psu is very bad but will it still be fine?
Even with the psu being bad etc will a 4 pin work fine as I have ordered a connector for 4 pin to 8 pin but it will take alot of time to come due to The current situation around the world. If I use the 4 pin for now will it work fine??