Question Does a 2070 make sense for me?

Jun 27, 2019
So I have cash to burn but not looking to spend just to spend. I started building a PC a while ago, but ended up using a friends old card. It's incredibly outdated. I'm debating between a 1660, 2060, and 2070. I'm also planning on ordering before July 1st, as Newegg will have sales tax for me then. I figure I'll be saving 30-50$ here depending. Here are my concerns below:

1. I'm leaning away from a 2060 because I would prefer to have USB-C. If it doesn't have USB-C I feel I might as well go 1660 or 1660 TI. (The Aorus 2060 has USB-C but is 399$, might as well go 2070)
  2. I have this guy added to my cart MSI 2070 for 445$. My only concern is if my CPU is way too weak for it I5-7600k. I'll upgrade it eventually but would prefer not to now.
Will I have a complete bottleneck with my CPU? Is USB-C really important enough to go from a 1660ti to a 2070? I'm a newb at computers but want to treat myself with a baby on the way.

Thanks!

Depends on what you going t do with that USB-c (USB-c Use to connect VR components like stuff using a VirtulLink). If you planing any VR then it's worth choosing the 2070. But with an i5 7600K there will be huge bottleneck in some games. Anyway if upgrading CPU as well then there will be no problem in the future. But you may also need to change the motherboard. I doubt even 7700K would struggle processing those high end games at 4K VR. So it depends.

Jun 27, 2019
Thanks for the response! Yes, my goal is to get into some VR.

I do plan on upgrading my CPU but not terribly soon. I don't play anything too crazy(Path of Exile, Overwatch) but with a new card, I'm sure I'll pick up more.

This is my Motherboard ASROCK Z270

TRENDING THREADS