[SOLVED] does a bigger capacity psu of the same platform gurrantee a quieter fan ?

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
I currently own a build consisting mainly of

I7 9700K / z390 aorus pro wifi / RTX 2070 / 1 M2.nvme and 4 HDD's

They are running on an old Corsair TX 750 V2 , and it seems that it's fan ball bearings are in need of some lubrication as its producing an annoying chirping noise, the device is no longer under warranty. so my only options is to open it up and lube or swap the fan which will open the seal and diminish its price in the used market , or just sell it as it is and buy a new one.

The best options i have found available in my country were the Seasonic Focus Plus SSR the 1000w version and the 850w versions ? Price difference is around 30$ , i was wondering if I buy the 1000w version would it gurrantee a quiter system ?

They probably use the same fan and cooling design if they are the same line. What matters most would be the temperature and the fan curve. A fan will go up to higher speeds due to higher temperatures. Having more power head room will help in that the PSU would not have to work as hard and thus less heat means a lower fan speed.

However 1000W is well overkill. Hell 850W is well overkill for that system. 850W will probably be just as quiet as the load shouldn't go much over 50% even if you maxed everything out.

Reactions: Mezoxin