[SOLVED] Does a good cpu (3700x) suffer from a bad gpu (1050 ti)?

Jan 24, 2021
So I just upgraded from an intel i5 2500k to an AMD Ryzen 3700x and still have an EVGA gtx 1050 ti, will this hurt my cpu in any way? Thank you I know this is a bit of a noob question.

Solution
"Hurt" your CPU? No.

Limit performance in most games? Yes. The lower the settings and the lower the resolution, the less the video card is going to be a factor in gaming performance, but it is STILL going to BE a factor because it's a low end model. But it certainly isn't going to "hurt" anything other than simply not having as good of performance as you would with a better graphics card.
"Hurt" your CPU? No.

Limit performance in most games? Yes. The lower the settings and the lower the resolution, the less the video card is going to be a factor in gaming performance, but it is STILL going to BE a factor because it's a low end model. But it certainly isn't going to "hurt" anything other than simply not having as good of performance as you would with a better graphics card.

Solution
Depends on how much you are willing to lower details in favor of frame rate and not having to pay $300+ for something meaningfully better. Most games will let you lower details enough that GPU almost isn't a factor.
Pretty sure that's what I said.

The lower the settings and the lower the resolution, the less the video card is going to be a factor in gaming performance

InvalidError

Titan
Pretty sure that's what I said.
The part that really tickled me was "hurt performance" - it only hurts performance if bottom details still poses a significant bottleneck or breaks the game's playability such as dropping quality below the minimum the player is willing to bear. Shouldn't be much of an issue today where most games at lowest details still look better than comparable titles used to at Ultra a decade ago.