Question Does a Kingston KVR1333D3N9 8 GB RAM work on a H61 motherboard?

Abhisek_3

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016
Hello! I just found out that my old 4x4 pair of 1333 MHz RAM is not working anymore because one of the slots on my GIGABYTE h61M-S motherboard has somehow stopped working. So I'm thinking of buying a single 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM and shall use it on the only working slot available. Please tell me if the Stick I mentioned in the question will work and if not, kindly provide me some model names that i could buy. Thank you!!

-----THIS QUESTION IS MISTAKENLY POSTED ALSO IN ANOTHER SECTION OF THIS FORUM (CPU) AND I AM SORRY FOR THAT---------

Specification:

2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory

* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.

Reactions: Abhisek_3

Abhisek_3

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016
Specification:

2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory

* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
I'm using 64 bit Windows 8.1 and I did have 8 GB. As the motherboard site indicates, it can support up to 16 GB memory and it has two slots. Doesn't it have to support 8 gigs in a single slot. Thanks for helping!