Does a monitor with these specs exist?

GunterFries

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
Hello guys.
With the release of GTA V for PC i finally tried to push my GTX970 to the max but i found my monitor lacking. I'm absolutely no expert and i just know the basics (resolution, response time, ecc). I currently have an Asus VS278H 27" full HD TN panel, however it's capped at 60hz refresh rate, so when vsync is on i get worse performance on heavy games. (GTA V with everything to maximum except for MSAA and post processing, 40/50 fps average because in the settings i can only go as high as 59hz) would getting a 120hz or 144hz monitor help me with that?
I'm looking for a 24" Full HD monitor, because i think with a 27" even in 1080p everything looks a little too big, with an higher refresh rate and not super-high latency to avoid ghosting. However i also looked for an IPS panel, but as i said i'm not sure one exists with these specs, the only ones i've seen are 27"+ and 1440p minimum.

Can you give me some advice? I'm not sure i need an IPS panel, i just want something with very vibrant colors and sharp detail, because i love tinkering with desktop widgets, wallpapers, themes, stuff like that, aside from gaming. Hope you can help me!

bistwo

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I'm assuming you have a fairly large budget, since monitors of these specs tend to be pricey. ASUS monitors are the industry standard for gaming monitors.

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/3D_Gaming_Products/

GunterFries

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

Yes, sorry, i forgot to mention that. price is not a limit for me unless it's going over 500$+ for the single monitor.
I've already looked in the usual places -amazon, electronic retailers in my country, ecc however i wanted to hear some adviced from the pros.

TRENDING THREADS