TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Hello. The laptop i currently use is Acer Aspire A315-22.

Does this laptop have a replaceable battery and SSD? I know the RAM and the CPU are soldered, but what about the battery and the SSD? Will i be able to replace the battery and the SSD when the battery life ends, and the SSD's write/erase cycles get used up?

Solution
This is the battery: AP16M5J
This is the SSD: WDC PC SN520 SDAPNUW-256G-1014 256.0 GB

Also, what do you mean by "highly unlikely to get to a point where its write/erase cycles are used up"? Does it have unlimited cycles?
So, a 256GB WD SN520, NVMe drive.

While not "unlimited", the write cycles for any current consumer grade SSD is so so large as to be a non-issue.
Even just getting to the TBW in the warranty is highly unlikely.
And that's just the number in the warranty...like the years.

It will become obsolete due to size long before it dies from too many write cycles.

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
What specific drive is in it now?
That may lead to "replaceable or not".

Also, the current SSD is HIGHLY unlikely to get to a point where its "write/erase cycles used up".

Also, what do you mean by "highly unlikely to get to a point where its write/erase cycles are used up"? Does it have unlimited cycles?

USAFRet

Titan

While not "unlimited", the write cycles for any current consumer grade SSD is so so large as to be a non-issue.

It will become obsolete due to size long before it dies from too many write cycles.

Reactions: TheFlash1300
Solution

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022

Alright. But is it replaceable? Can you tell if it's replaceable by just knowing its name, or is it necessary for me to open the laptop and see inside, so i can know for sure?

"I know the RAM and the CPU are soldered "

Cpu is soldered but there is extra ram slot, you can add 4 or 8gb stick. If it has A4-9120E CPU that supports 2133mhz ddr4 sodimm

If you plan to do this just get 4gb max, with that cpu anything above 8gb ram is pointless

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFlash1300