[SOLVED] Does ADATA SSD XPG SPECTRIX RGB compatible with my AsRock B450M Steel Legend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
First of all, I want to buy ADATA SPECTRIX RGB SSD on 1-2 weeks. But, after a bit of browsing, I found out that there are some people who had their NVMe SSD can't be detected when installed on AsRock B450M Steel Legend. So, does anyone know if that SSD is compatible with my mobo? (maybe someone using the same combination)

Solution
Wait and update us on your success (hopefully)!
Hey I'm back and I want to inform that ADATA SSD XPG SPECTRIX RGB IS COMPATIBLE with Asrock B450M Steel Legend motherboard. No BIOS Update required, no driver required, just nothing required. I've already cloned the old C to my new SSD, deleting the user data (I leave documents, pictures, music, etc. in the old HDD), and no problem. So I hope someone who (probably) stumble across the same problem will found themselves here and this answer would help them. Cheers 😁

And by the way thank you for helping me 😉

RealBeast

Titan
First of all, I want to buy ADATA SPECTRIX RGB SSD on 1-2 weeks. But, after a bit of browsing, I found out that there are some people who had their NVMe SSD can't be detected when installed on AsRock B450M Steel Legend. So, does anyone know if that SSD is compatible with my mobo? (maybe someone using the same combination)

Until someone comes along who can verify that if works, I would hold off or at least contact ADATA for some assurance.

The combination is not on the QVL of either AsRock or ADATA support sites, but interesting that many Gigabyte and MSI boards are supported per ADATA.

Reactions: rizzauliarahman

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
Until someone comes along who can verify that if works, I would hold off or at least contact ADATA for some assurance.

The combination is not on the QVL of either AsRock or ADATA support sites, but interesting that many Gigabyte and MSI boards are supported per ADATA.

Thank you for your help. Or maybe if I could I want to contact them by myself too. Is it possible? Because as far as I know, the technical support only can be contacted if you're already have the product

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
They are happy to help before purchase at THIS site with either sales or technical support. I would try the tech support first as it is a technical issue.

I got a reply like this from ADATA:

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for supporting ADATA products.
S40G follows the NVMe ™ (Nonvolatile Memory Standard) protocol,run with PCI-Echannel. Please check your pc, if still the same, Please contact with your dealer of the shop where you bought it for Replacement Swap/Repair service. If you need our help, please contact us again."

Does that means any motherboard that supports NVMe is compatible with S40G?

RealBeast

Titan
I got a reply like this from ADATA:

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for supporting ADATA products.
S40G follows the NVMe ™ (Nonvolatile Memory Standard) protocol,run with PCI-Echannel. Please check your pc, if still the same, Please contact with your dealer of the shop where you bought it for Replacement Swap/Repair service. If you need our help, please contact us again."

Does that means any motherboard that supports NVMe is compatible with S40G?
Not really. Look HERE and I see no S40G in the supported list. Also look HERE under compatibility search and ADATA only shows two boards for ASRock, but many for Gigabyte and others.

If you want to try it, make sure that you can return it without a large penalty.

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
Not really. Look HERE and I see no S40G in the supported list. Also look HERE under compatibility search and ADATA only shows two boards for ASRock, but many for Gigabyte and others.

If you want to try it, make sure that you can return it without a large penalty.

Well. There is no other way then. I'll buy it and try it myself first. I'll mark your answer as best answer for now, but I will come back again to tell whether the combination works or not. Is it possible?

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
Wait and update us on your success (hopefully)!
Hey I'm back and I want to inform that ADATA SSD XPG SPECTRIX RGB IS COMPATIBLE with Asrock B450M Steel Legend motherboard. No BIOS Update required, no driver required, just nothing required. I've already cloned the old C to my new SSD, deleting the user data (I leave documents, pictures, music, etc. in the old HDD), and no problem. So I hope someone who (probably) stumble across the same problem will found themselves here and this answer would help them. Cheers 😁

And by the way thank you for helping me 😉

Reactions: RealBeast
Solution

bignastyid

Titan
"If you post a problem then find the solution (or an appropriate fix) yourself, it is appropriate to post the solution. However, you must not award yourself a Best Answer trophy "

Status
Not open for further replies.