Does all Cabinets Supports AMD platform

saudagar

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
No the cabinet size does affect the motherboard size which can be installed in it, like a full size ATX motherboard can't fit in a HTPC cabinet which only supports mATX or mini-ITX sized motherboards.

For a full sized motherboard, a mid tower or a Full tower cabinet is required depending on the other needs like Cooler, fans space requirements of the end user.

SoumyaHD

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

I have bought a MSI 970A G46 Motherboard so which type of cabinet it will support. I have also bought cooler master 600W PSU

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
There is no "AMD" platform. All motherboards are standardized in size. ATX, MATX, eATX, etc. Both AMD and Intel as well as all MB manufacturers subscribe to this template.

So yes, all cabinets fit all motherboards that they are advertised to fit. Don’t expect a MATX case to handle a eATX motherboard.

Edit: that is an ATX motherboard. Any Mid tower or full tower will do, I'd reccomend a bottom mounted power supply case.

leo2kp

Distinguished
What you're looking for is ATX, MicroATX, and MiniATX. Those are standards that board manufacturers use to fit most cases. If you have an ATX board, find a case that supports ATX. Same with Mini and MicroATX.