Does AMD build suoport Nvidia Graphics card?

Mar 1, 2018
hello,

I am planning to build a PC. I wanted a complete AMD build, but as AMD GPUs are costly and preforms less than Nvidia at equivalent price.

I have chose AMD mobo and AMD Radeon RX 1200x processor. In graphics card, I chose 560 first, then when I checked its benchmarks, it was quite lower than Nvidia 1050 ti Graphics. I think to add Nvidia 1050 ti to build it.

Will this be compatible to the build?
Will it affect performance or give rise to any cons?
If you want to buy a Monitor, then which one to buy - AMD FreeSync supported or Nvidia GSync?
Any AMD GPU is there which is better or equal to Nvidia at the same price?
How much watt power supply is needed for it?

*this build is for gaming purpose - Higher Mid Level Gaming.

Thanks

Solution

You can absolutely use an Nvidia card on a Freesync monitor and enjoy the fast refresh rate and such; however, you won't be able to use the adaptive sync features built into the monitor as you card isn't AMD based. That's it.

electro_neanderthal

Respectable
Jan 22, 2018
Yes, it will be compatible.
The combination of AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU will not have any cons.
Buy a monitor based on the video card, not the processor.
Nvidia currently has the advantage in lower end gaming cards.
Go for a 400W + PSU to power the system, though you could get away with 300W according to the Nvidia product page.

Mar 1, 2018
what will happen if you dont use use any type of sync? If I buy a AMD freeSync monitor (coz it is cheap) and use Nvidia GPU, then what will happen? Can I stop FreeSync in it and use it freely?

You can absolutely use an Nvidia card on a Freesync monitor and enjoy the fast refresh rate and such; however, you won't be able to use the adaptive sync features built into the monitor as you card isn't AMD based. That's it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS