[SOLVED] does AMD Ryzen have Sata limitations?

naifm92

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
does AMD Ryzen have sata limitations?
in Intel motherboards (for example an average Z270 board) if you install one NVMe drive it would disable 2 of the sata ports does AMD have the same issue???

Solution
ok, I did contact Gigabyte and this is their replay:

Answer: Dear naifm92
Thanks for your email.
Yes. Due to the limited number of lanes provided by the Chipset, some of our motherboards have the limit of M.2 and SATA.
According to your model name, X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI Rev.1.0 doesn't have the limit. By the way, all of our X470 series motherboards don't have the limit of M.2 and SATA that you said.
Most of our B450 series motherboards have the limit.
Example: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI Rev. 1.0

thank you everyone

naifm92

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017

how do i know ? i have one Nvme drive installed but it didn't tell me anything

naifm92

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017

i just checked,

it was just talking about how to install the thing and you need bios update blah blah blah.......

also checked the whole document (52 pages) literally didn't find anything about disabling sata ports when nvme is installed

EDIT: i forget to say that my motherboared is Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 paired with Ryzen 2700X

naifm92

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
ok, I did contact Gigabyte and this is their replay:

Answer: Dear naifm92
Thanks for your email.
Yes. Due to the limited number of lanes provided by the Chipset, some of our motherboards have the limit of M.2 and SATA.
According to your model name, X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI Rev.1.0 doesn't have the limit. By the way, all of our X470 series motherboards don't have the limit of M.2 and SATA that you said.
Most of our B450 series motherboards have the limit.
Example: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI Rev. 1.0

thank you everyone

Solution