[SOLVED] Does an HP Z2 sff G4 workstation have built in Bluetooth support

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
So I was given a HP Z2 G4 desktop. It seems to be relatively new. Do newer desktops have boothtooth support like a laptop? My dell laptop will let me pair a bluetooth headset without a dongle/receiver plugged into the laptop. I haven't tried this on a desktop in recent years. When I go to the devices and printers I have the option to add a bluetooth device but it never finds the headset. The headset is in pair (discovery mode). I'm thinking desktop do not come with this functionality. Couldn't find any definitive info on HP.com.

Solution
Well I found out the model I have does not offer bluetooth. It is missing the module that receives the signal. I don't think any desktop comes with this and if it is available it is an addon.
I worked for a defense contractor. HP allowed us to order equipment without WIFI/bluetooth. Or the previous user removed the WIFI card.

kanewolf

Titan
So I was given a HP Z2 G4 desktop. It seems to be relatively new. Do newer desktops have boothtooth support like a laptop? My dell laptop will let me pair a bluetooth headset without a dongle/receiver plugged into the laptop. I haven't tried this on a desktop in recent years. When I go to the devices and printers I have the option to add a bluetooth device but it never finds the headset. The headset is in pair (discovery mode). I'm thinking desktop do not come with this functionality. Couldn't find any definitive info on HP.com.
If you look at the networking section of the specs -- https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c06100744
The answer is YES.

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Well I found out the model I have does not offer bluetooth. It is missing the module that receives the signal. I don't think any desktop comes with this and if it is available it is an addon.