[SOLVED] Does an old HDD hold back PC performance?

Rohit_Rayhan

Reputable
May 7, 2016
Hello Pros.

So I built a new PC
Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Vega 11
RAM: 8GB stick (5.95 usable)
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus mATX
PSU: Gamedias Kratos E1 500W
Casing: Maxgreen A361
HDD: a 160GB old Samsung and another old 500GB Samsung HDD

SO the problem is the 2400G is a capable processor with an integrated Vega 11 gpu which is similar to a GT1030 but I'm not getting that performance that It can deliver.

I'm certain that my VERY OLD HDD is holding back the WHOLE PC which is very frustrating as this is only a 6 days old pc with a 8 year old HDD.

Do you guy think that my gaming performance is SEVERELY being held by the HDD? and I should get a SSD to see the PC at full glory?

Solution
Do you guy think that my gaming performance is SEVERELY being held by the HDD?
No, I don't think so.
HDD will not impact game performance (fps in games). It will impact level loading times though.

and I should get a SSD to see the PC at full glory?
Yes, you absolutely should get SSD.

Most likely it is ram, that is holding performance of your pc back. Ryzen cpus love fast dual channel ram. For latest games 8GB is not enough anymore. Upgrade to 16GB dual channel ram 3000mhz/3200mhz minimum.
Do you guy think that my gaming performance is SEVERELY being held by the HDD?
No, I don't think so.
HDD will not impact game performance (fps in games). It will impact level loading times though.

and I should get a SSD to see the PC at full glory?

Most likely it is ram, that is holding performance of your pc back. Ryzen cpus love fast dual channel ram. For latest games 8GB is not enough anymore. Upgrade to 16GB dual channel ram 3000mhz/3200mhz minimum.

Reactions: Countess_C
Solution

Rohit_Rayhan

Reputable
May 7, 2016
No, I don't think so.

thank you very much Mr.SkynetRising. I will get a RAM a SSD ASAF.