Does Android TV box support 21:9?

Lifecore

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2014
I would like to buy myself an Android TV box (specifically x96) but have no idea if it supports Ultrawide (21:9) aspect ratio. Couldn't find anything on the internet, except that MiBox supports it, but it's a little stretched. If your answer is yes, is it limited to specific Android TV box or every box should support it?

g-unit1111

Titan

That could be fixed in a future update. Depends on what version of Android you're running. I think Android 8.0 supports it natively - my Galaxy S9+ has an ultrawide screen and it will show videos and photos in ultrawide resolutions.

g-unit1111

Titan

I think it's half hardware dependent and half software dependent. Some phones definitely could not run the ultrawide resolutions but I think newer phones manufactured after a certain date definitely could.

Lifecore

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2014
Can somebody who has anything other then MiBox check it because this guy in the link says it works.
To g-unit1111, I don't know if I would call 18.5:9 "ultrawide" aspect ratio, but a wierd one nonetheless :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/6o6jky/android_tv_support_for_ultrawide_monitors/

g-unit1111

Titan

That is a strange resolution indeed. The most common is 16:9, and then the ultra wide is 21:9. That one seems like it's somewhere in between.

TRENDING THREADS