Does any one know a work around to solution

Infirms

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
Hi I recently built my PC today everything went well all components work no issues at all I'm happy but my question is can any one give a tip on how to connect my Astro a40 gen 2 with mix amp to my PC so I can talk I can hear music and everything but the mic dosent work I can't seem to figure out how to talk to my friend on skype my mother board dosent have a optical connection so is there a work around any advice would help :D

Edit my hardware is
Motherboard :gigabyte ga h170m d3h
Cpu Intel i3 6100

Astros aren't the TR edition I saw u hold down the power button and it goes to PC mode but when I do that nothing happens

I believe your headset has a 4 pole 3.5mm socket which carries both the headset sound and mic, you need a splitter so you can plug into both the headset and mic sockets on your pc, like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Female-Stereo-Splitter-Microphone-Speaker/dp/B00LGKG97G/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1460190887&sr=8-8&keywords=3.5mm+4+pin+to+2x+3+pin+3.5mm+headset+splitter+adapter

The PC won't carry the headset sound and mic through a single 3.5mm socket

I'm surprised your headset didn't come with an adapter, check the box

Infirms

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016

Yeah it did forgot to mention my bad. I plug those in to the front headphone and mic plugs I can get sound and hear everything but my mic dosent work or if it does I have to talk into the mic like literally into it for my friend to hear I have a 3.5 aux cable connected to the MP3 jack on the mix amp and the other end to the splitters which go to my front headphone and mic and the head set is connected in the headset plug on the other side of the mix amp I can't use my head set to talk when I play csgo or other games that require voice chat