[SOLVED] Does any power supply come with 2 6 pin connectors?

Jul 13, 2021
So I recently bought a gtx 980ti at a very good price, and I'm not sure if any power supply will support it, and if there is a way to connect it in case I don't have these connectors.

Solution
a quality unit will likely have 2 6+2 pin connections. meaning each connection can either be a 6 or an 8 pin.

so the answer to your question is "yes, many psu's will have 2 6 pins for that card"

but do note the use of the word "QUALITY" unit. if you need some help picking one out, we are happy to help.

list ALL your system specs, a budget and possibly a preferred shopping site if you have one.

we'll be happy to offer some good suggestions

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
a quality unit will likely have 2 6+2 pin connections. meaning each connection can either be a 6 or an 8 pin.

so the answer to your question is "yes, many psu's will have 2 6 pins for that card"

but do note the use of the word "QUALITY" unit. if you need some help picking one out, we are happy to help.

list ALL your system specs, a budget and possibly a preferred shopping site if you have one.

we'll be happy to offer some good suggestions

Reactions: BonLOL
Solution
Jul 13, 2021
So I got this pc second hand, everything works perfectly but I don't like the power supply it came with, it is a crappy 650w Gamemax PSU, anyway here are the exact components I have: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fPQBK3

I would like some help choosing a new power supply, but as I said I don't know if all the power supplies come with 2 6pin connectors.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador