Leonardo_N

Commendable
Jun 2, 2020
I installed all my parts into my pc and when I turned it on, all of the fans started to spin, including the 2 fans on the graphics card, but the monitor says no signal and nothing booted. I tried another monitor but it also did not boot. Then I tried to put my father's graphics card (Gainward GT 640) in my pc and it turned on and it booted into the bios without a problem. Then I tried my graphics card (a MSI GTX 1650 SUPER VENTUS CS OC) in his pc (he has an MSI H97 Gaming 3 motherboard) and it also worked.
I have a MSI B450m pro-vdh max motherboard so I looked for the EZ Debug led on the motherboard and the vga led was on. I updated the bios of the motherboard to the latest version (7A38vB6) without a problem and put my gpu back in. I turned it on and the same problem was there, fans spinning, vga light on and no signal on the monitor.
I swapped out the power supply from a Seasonic to a Be Quiet! and again the same problem. Both powersupply’s are 500W and both have a 80+ rating.
I think I tried every basic troubleshooting step there is. I don't know what to do anymore besides just get another card. I am on a budget and don’t have much money left to spend more and risk not getting my money back for the parts i have to send back.
I wanted to build a pc for 3 years and finaly had enough money and now I am in this mess.

Does anybody of you guys have an idea what to do next or maybe know what the problem is?

I just want a working PC and game with my friends. /:

Parts list:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Ryzen 5 2600 cooler
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 super VENTUS XS OC
Motherboard: MSI b450m pro-vdh max
RAM: 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz DDR4
Case: Corsair 100r
PSU: Seasonic S12III 500W 80+ Bronze. Swapped it for a be quiet! 500W 80+ Gold
Storage: 2x 500gb Seagate HDD
1x 128gb Lite-On SSD

Leonardo_N

Commendable
Jun 2, 2020
Jun 3, 2020
Do you think that maybe the 500W of psu is not enough and that I should try the 620W PSU from my father?
The 500W PSU should be fine. What about the monitor/cable to the monitor? Are you using the same ones to test on both machines?
Opps. Just noticed the mobo was indicating an issue with the GPU.
It really sounds like an issue with the power to the GPU. Are either PSU modular? Have you tried a different 6 pin connector?

Last edited:

Leonardo_N

Commendable
Jun 2, 2020
The 500W PSU should be fine. What about the monitor/cable to the monitor? Are you using the same ones to test on both machines?
Opps. Just noticed the mobo was indicating an issue with the GPU.
It really sounds like an issue with the power to the GPU. Are either PSU modular? Have you tried a different 6 pin connector?
Nope, both of them are not modular nor semi-modular. I tried both of the powersupply's with my gpu and with both of them the pc did not boot.

Leonardo_N

Commendable
Jun 2, 2020
Update: I returned my mobo and my gpu. Got the Asus prime b450m-a and the Gigabyte gtx 1650 super and it worked. Have been gaming for months now on my pc.
Thanks to all the people that gave advice!

Reactions: Grobe