Does anyone have a master list of planet names?

Greetingz, all...

I used to have a master list of planet names, for feeding into a random
planet namer utility when mastering games. I need it now, and I can't find
it...

Would anyone have a planet list they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

-- Smoovious

Op 2005-02-20, Smoovious schreef <jazznospam@grnet.com>:
> Would anyone have a planet list they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

I don't have it, but the following tools could help:

I haven't tried it, but look at PlanetNM in Donovan's Museum site:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan/museum/elite/vgaptool.html

Here is an online tool that let's you upload an xyplan.dat and a
planet.nm and will output a combination of those:
http://www.silisoftware.com/vgap/xyplan.php

HTH,

"The question of whether computers can think is like the question of
whether submarines can swim." - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Op 2005-02-20, Smoovious schreef <jazznospam@grnet.com>:
>
>>Would anyone have a planet list they wouldn't mind sharing with me?
>

> I don't have it, but the following tools could help:
>
> I haven't tried it, but look at PlanetNM in Donovan's Museum site:
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan/museum/elite/vgaptool.html

Yeah, that's what I was trying to replace, but the link to download
it is broken, server refused...

:(

-- Smoovious

Hi Smoove,

what format would you need?

Greetz Matthias
Host High Command
www.high-command.de

Host High Command wrote:

> Hi Smoove,
>
> what format would you need?

Just simple plain-text would be sufficient. I have utilities to pick a random
set and import into the planet.nm file alread. :)

-- Smoovious

Harry Bur wrote:

> http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/lists/MPNames.html
>
> harry

Sorry I didn't mention it sooner, but that list of names was just the kind
of thing I was looking for. :)

Had no problems parsing the names out and importing a random set into
planet.nm ... thanks for your help. :)

-- Smoovious

--
Kenn "Jazz" Booth II The Imperium, VGAP host