Question Does anyone have a recovery disc/iso for a Compaq Presario laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus3205

Prominent
Jul 21, 2022
Hello! First post on the forums. I am asking this question because I want my Compaq Presario CQ50-105NR laptop to be as OEM as possible, if the laptop even came with a recovery disc to begin with. Unfortunately, little documentation exists of the recovery disc online, and I fully formatted the original hard drive that came with the laptop ages ago, so I can't look for any recovery partitions there. Many thanks! (also apologies if this is the wrong section to talk about this in, i just felt like it fit best)

Ralston18

Titan
What OS was installed?

While doing some research I came across the following website:

https://neosmart.net/wiki/compaq-recovery-disk/

I am not aware of or familiar with Neosmart and the link is not a recommendation or endorsement in any way.

However, the link could help you discover other possibilities.

From the link:

"Compaq was acquired by HP in 2002. If you have a computer from HP, follow the HP Recovery Disk guide instead. "

Maybe there are cross over options.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unfortunately, Neosmart wants you to cough up 40 dollars for these supposed 'Compaq recovery disks.'
Not surprising as Compaq and other laptop manufacturers would often charge as much (if not more) if you failed to create your own recovery disk when you first purchased the unit. A quick Google search doesn't show that Microsoft still offers a Vista ISO download, so you may be out of luck here.

-Wolf sends

Marcus3205

Prominent
Jul 21, 2022
Good news! I found a recovery disk on sale from Computer Surgeons (which appears to be selling many old HP/Compaq recovery media too) for 27 dollars. So, I'll buy it soon considering as I said earlier I want it to be as OEM as possible. Thank you all for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS