[SOLVED] Does anyone have MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max if yes how hot did the VRM get with a ryzen 3 3300x

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
I wanted to buy a MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max and pair it with ryzen 3 3300x, I'm not planning to do any overclocking i just wanted to know how hot will the VRM will get under stress test and gaming.

Solution
I wanted to buy a MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max and pair it with ryzen 3 3300x, I'm not planning to do any overclocking i just wanted to know how hot will the VRM will get under stress test and gaming.
I'm not sure you'll get anyone with a similar enough setup to yours to give you meaningful information. Things like case fans, CPU cooling and BIOS rev., not to mention software used, can have really big effects on VRM temperature. But, 3300X (4 core/8 thread, 65W TDP) isn't likely to overheat the VRM on that board. Even though it's fairly low-spec at least it does have a heatsink on the FET's. I also know it works pretty well with 3600X's and even 3700X's, which draw considerably more current.
I'm not sure you'll get anyone with a similar enough setup to yours to give you meaningful information. Things like case fans, CPU cooling and BIOS rev., not to mention software used, can have really big effects on VRM temperature. But, 3300X (4 core/8 thread, 65W TDP) isn't likely to overheat the VRM on that board. Even though it's fairly low-spec at least it does have a heatsink on the FET's. I also know it works pretty well with 3600X's and even 3700X's, which draw considerably more current.

Solution

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Thanks for the answer i get really worried over VRM temps i just want this motherboard to last a long time.