Question Does anyone know a good CPU fan replacement for i3-3220

Sep 24, 2019
My previous CPU fan is broke so I need a new one
The Socket is LGA 1155
I have heard that CM 212 is good but, isn't it overkill? Or is there any alternate choice? I just don't want to spent on something that isn't really needed.
Really appreciate for the answer(Sorry for my bad English)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
any cooler will work as long as it fits the socket. the CPU is not a hot one, you cannot overclock so you only need to cool the 55W at stock. pretty much any cooler available will do the job.
the 212 evo is a great cooler. I have it on my AMD 955 black (125W). HUGE quiet and cool but it may be overkill on an old i3.

Sep 24, 2019
If you're really not interested in spending on ~30USD cooler, then you're going to find the stock cooler for around that same price. This is why I'd say, you should get the aftermarket cooler if it's the same price, where you are located, as the stock cooler listed on Ebay.

Out of curiosity, where are you located and how much can you spend on the cooler?
I'm from Indonesia and tbh I don't mind spending on the CM 212, just kinda curious maybe there is another good choice (that is not overkill) for my CPU fan, so around 35$ or lower i guess

Sep 24, 2019
any cooler will work as long as it fits the socket. the CPU is not a hot one, you cannot overclock so you only need to cool the 55W at stock. pretty much any cooler available will do the job.
the 212 evo is a great cooler. I have it on my AMD 955 black (125W). HUGE quiet and cool but it may be overkill on an old i3.
Does the heatsink will collide with the GPU body? i mean i have a gtx 1050 plugged on the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2)