Question Does anyone know how to fix?

Rodoux

Reputable
Nov 21, 2020
Hi, i have a laptop hp pavilion gaming 15dk0xxx (cant find the exact model), it has inteil i5-9300h, gtx 1650, RAM 12 GB, Kingston SNVS500G 500 GB SSD and it uses windows 11 since January.

The problem is that about 3 days ago my mouse freezes each 10-15 secs for 2-3 secs, not only that but PS5 remote play also started not detecting some control moves or some push on the buttons (both started at the same time), but when i play on PS5 withouth the laptop it works fine so the problem must be the laptop itself, but i dont know how to fix it (no, mouse doesnt have any physical problem and when i use the touchpad of the laptop it doesnt freeze).

What can i do?

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
It might be a problem with your USB ports if you are using a wired mouse / controller. First you can try to use a different USB port to see whether the problem is specific to a port.

If this happens with any USB port, the problem might be with power delivery.

With time the ability of power supplies degrades. so, even though your power supply works fine, when it require more power, it might not be able to supply enough power. So, you can try changing your power brick.

And if that doesn't solve things, I'm afraid it might be with the power section of the motherboard responsible for the 5V line.

Rodoux

Reputable
Nov 21, 2020
have you run the hp assistant? it can check drivers and machine - https://support.hp.com/au-en/help/hp-support-assistant

Yes, i just did and it says that everything is working perfectly.

It might be a problem with your USB ports if you are using a wired mouse / controller. First you can try to use a different USB port to see whether the problem is specific to a port.

If this happens with any USB port, the problem might be with power delivery.

With time the ability of power supplies degrades. so, even though your power supply works fine, when it require more power, it might not be able to supply enough power. So, you can try changing your power brick.

And if that doesn't solve things, I'm afraid it might be with the power section of the motherboard responsible for the 5V line.

It seems that the mouse is being slowed down to to the PC (the pc goes slow for some seconds) it works better on other USB port but still the remote play app is missregistering the buttons that i touch and for moment

TRENDING THREADS