Does anyone know how to get rid of Unisales, Unideals, AdChoices, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
I can't figure out how to get rid of a few of these malicious programs. They are add-on programs that appear in your browsers. It takes over other adspace that websites put on there site on purpose as well as making there own ads. Some of these even make pop up windows, or load a new page when you click anything.

I have gotten rid of some of these before but these more advanced ones are harder to find. There are no programs, files, addon extensions, etc. I can't figure out where it is hiding.

Before anyone say it, I have tried the usual Malware work. I have ran IObit Malware remover, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes, etc. Regular and in safe mode. They have solved a lot of problems but none seem to be able to get these few.

I have AdChoices on one computer. And UniDeals, UniSales on another.

Anyone figured this out?

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

Thanks. I'll give it a go. I had ran that before but a ton of stuff was removed and I wasn't sure if it was infected or false positives, so I restored it to before running it. I'll give it a go again and pay more attention and see what happens.

I do have XP. One of the other systems is Win 7 aswell.

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

Combofix gets it sometimes. But it does it by deleteing the Web Browser entirely. Which I can do myself. Thats not really the solution although it does fix the problem. Some how the malware intrudes and buries itself in the web browser files. No malware/anti-virus software has worked thus far. Only deleting the browser and reinstalling the same browser has gotten rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.