Question Does anyone know if audio dropout issues with Soundblaster AE-7 and AE-9 are solved?

Hello.

About six or seven moths ago I purchased a Soundblaster AE-7 to replace my current Soundblaster ZXR.

Unfortunately, I and a lot of other people ran into persistent issues with random audiodropouts to the point where the crd would only be working for a few minutes at a time.
It was beleived to be driver related and I spend weeks communicating with support doing all sorts of testing. I even received an early unreleased beta driver, but nothing worked and I had to return the sound card.

But I actually liked the AE-7, and my current ZxR is having issues with the audio control module. It is not neccessary at all to use it, but I like to use it and find it handy.

I have already contacted Creative support, but it does take a while for them to respond.

***So while I'm waiting, I was hoping that someone on these forums might have heard anything about the issues being fixed? Does the AE-7 and AE-9 finally work as intended on supposedly supported systems? I still use the same hardware, and it was and is supposed to be compatible.

I have revisited the Reddit thread I was active in back then, where people from Creative were also responding, but I haven't been able to come up with an answer to my question.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

EDIT : Jan-31-2020

A while ago I did recieve an answer from Creative support, stating that they would have to forward the question to a different department, and that I should expect it to be a while until I'd hear from them again. It has been quite a while now, and I suspect I'm not going to hear from them any time soon, if at all.

But I will be sure to post any response I get in this thread, in case someone else can use the information.

Last edited:
In case anyone happens to come across this question sometime in the future, Creative support finally responded as promised, and here's the final advice from them :

"With regard to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that although the new driver released have helped some customers, we are not able to guarantee that the Sound Blaster AE-7 will work fine on your computer as you have previously tried the beta driver but it did not solve the problem".