[SOLVED] Does anyone know if GIGABYTE's GPU warranty is transferable in the US?

OrientalFlavored

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
From what I've read online some users are saying all you need is the SN but I could be wrong. The GIGABYTE terms and conditions state "Regional differences may apply. Please contact the location where the original order was placed." There are also a few conflicting posts if you search this up so I thought I would ask here if someone knew!

Solution
Sounds good, I'm assuming that applies to GPU's as well?

I actually meant GPU! I was just answering a PSU question and I still had PSU on the brain.

With GPUs, the prominent companies generally do a pretty good job with used GPU warranties. EVGA in particular makes their transferable warranty policy explicit, which is one of the reasons I tend to gravitate towards them for GPUs. Plus, I've been fortunate enough to get an upgraded GPU every time I've RMAed one!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
From what I've read online some users are saying all you need is the SN but I could be wrong. The GIGABYTE terms and conditions state "Regional differences may apply. Please contact the location where the original order was placed." There are also a few conflicting posts if you search this up so I thought I would ask here if someone knew!

They typically will honor warranties still in place on a used PSU based on the serial number, but they don't have to.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Sounds good, I'm assuming that applies to GPU's as well?

I actually meant GPU! I was just answering a PSU question and I still had PSU on the brain.

With GPUs, the prominent companies generally do a pretty good job with used GPU warranties. EVGA in particular makes their transferable warranty policy explicit, which is one of the reasons I tend to gravitate towards them for GPUs. Plus, I've been fortunate enough to get an upgraded GPU every time I've RMAed one!

Solution

OrientalFlavored

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019

Haha no worries, that happens to me all the time :p. Sounds good, this might sound dumb, but the serial number is on the card itself? If he printed me a receipt / proof of purchase would that be enough you think? Thanks again!

OrientalFlavored

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
Haha no worries, that happens to me all the time :p. Sounds good, this might sound dumb, but the serial number is on the card itself? If he printed me a receipt / proof of purchase would that be enough you think? Thanks again!
Dang now I wish it was EVGA, sadly I didn't really get a choice, he was only able to get these two cards and they happened to be GIGABYTE.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Dang now I wish it was EVGA, sadly I didn't really get a choice, he was only able to get these two cards and they happened to be GIGABYTE.

There's almost always a sticker somewhere on the GPU itself. It's helpful to have the receipt and proof of purchase if you need help and the support person you got is especially stubborn, but again, you're typically OK without it.

OrientalFlavored

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
There's almost always a sticker somewhere on the GPU itself. It's helpful to have the receipt and proof of purchase if you need help and the support person you got is especially stubborn, but again, you're typically OK without it.
Alrighty, thanks for the info, I'll look for those things when he give it to me to double check. Thanks again