[SOLVED] Does anyone know of a site that contains Motherboard Block Diagrams?

SOlidwire

Commendable
Feb 11, 2020
I know most server class motherboards have block diagrams available directly from the manufacture I'm surprised how few consumer grade mobos have them and not even in the manual. Seems the manuals are written by the lawyers and get less technical every year. Thanks Don - The SOlidwire.

Solution
I know most server class motherboards have block diagrams available directly from the manufacture I'm surprised how few consumer grade mobos have them and not even in the manual. Seems the manuals are written by the lawyers and get less technical every year. Thanks Don - The SOlidwire.
Would be interested too, but I highly suspect they are mostly going to be very similar and generic. That's because so much of the 'system' is on the CPU now and mfr's are following the reference design real closely to shorten their development cycle. Most of the variability comes with whatever features and additional support circuits get tacked on (audio, LAN, PCIe bridging, monitoring, etc) and they are all centered around the ASIC that...
Would be interested too, but I highly suspect they are mostly going to be very similar and generic. That's because so much of the 'system' is on the CPU now and mfr's are following the reference design real closely to shorten their development cycle. Most of the variability comes with whatever features and additional support circuits get tacked on (audio, LAN, PCIe bridging, monitoring, etc) and they are all centered around the ASIC that implements said function which is fairly easy to identify on the board.

You can get a generic block diagram for the CPU/chipset and supported peripherals by googling the CPU and chipset, finding that block diagram... something like this for X570. Specific mobo mfr's can do things slightly differently, with different mixes of PCie slots, SATA ports and USB ports, sometimes requiring bridge chips to implement. An that's part of what can be identified on the board simply enough, and by comparing to the generic block diagram.

Last edited:
Solution

SOlidwire

Commendable
Feb 11, 2020
Would be interested too, but I highly suspect they are mostly going to be very similar and generic. That's because so much of the 'system' is on the CPU now and mfr's are following the reference design real closely to shorten their development cycle. Most of the variability comes with whatever features and additional support circuits get tacked on (audio, LAN, PCIe bridging, monitoring, etc) and they are all centered around the ASIC that implements said function which is fairly easy to identify on the board.

You can get a generic block diagram for the CPU/chipset and supported peripherals by googling the CPU and chipset, finding that block diagram... something like this for X570. Specific mobo mfr's can do things slightly differently, with different mixes of PCie slots, SATA ports and USB ports, sometimes requiring bridge chips to implement. An that's part of what can be identified on the board simply enough, and by comparing to the generic block diagram.

Thank you... It's all such BS now a days... No engineering rendering and the manual forget about it. Completely useless. It the lawyers - they ruin everything. Or is it the litigious society... That is a "Chicken and the egg" thing. The premise is we tell you nothing so when we give you nothing you have no right to complain. We never said it was going to work like...
Even the attached diagram. Look at the
'lack of" arrows from the NVMe devices - are they going directly to the CPU or taking the long way through the chip set.. Who knows... Just buy it.,.. Guess they wouldn't sell as many of those PCIe 4.0 NVMe's if those line were in there. As I said BS... Complete BS.

Last edited: