[SOLVED] Does anyone know the installed height of the be quiet! BK030 Pure Rock Slim 2 cooler?

Banqu0

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2015
I have a fractal design define mini case with a max CPU cooler height of 160mm. There's padding on the side panel that covers a fan slot and adds about 1/4 inch of thickness but I don't want to have to remove (see pic). The bequiet website states that the heatsink is 135mm "without mounting material" whatever that means. The Amazon product description claims that the dimensions for this product are 6.25 inches (158.75mm) which is not only cutting it close to my clearance limit, but does not match the dimensions stated on the website. I don't want to order this thing and have it press up against the inside of the case panel. Can anyone give me actual useful dimensions for this cooler?

View: https://imgur.com/va1rTKv

You can see where my 6.3 inch cooler made an impression on the padding

Last edited:
Solution
I have a fractal design define mini case with a max CPU cooler height of 160mm. There's padding on the side panel that covers a fan slot and adds about 1/4 inch of thickness but I don't want to have to remove (see pic). The bequiet website states that the heatsink is 135mm "without mounting material" whatever that means. The Amazon product description claims that the dimensions for this product are 6.25 inches (158.75mm) which is not only cutting it close to my clearance limit, but does not match the dimensions stated on the website. I don't want to order this thing and have it press up against the inside of the case panel. Can anyone give me actual useful dimensions for this cooler?

View...
2.28" x 3.82" x 5.31" would be the proper conversion to inches, i believe Amazon has their stats wrong.
multiple other retailers have all listed the dimensions as, 58 x 97 x 135mm, the same as be quiet!.

why is that pad protruding the way it is? is that a vent with an extra pad added to it?
and why are there fan shaped mounting holes drilled into it?
if there is a fan on the other side it would do no good without actually being able to draw in air which is blocked by the pad.
all it would do is create excess noise by being so close to the padding for no reason.

Banqu0

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2015
2.28" x 3.82" x 5.31" would be the proper conversion to inches, i believe Amazon has their stats wrong.
multiple other retailers have all listed the dimensions as, 58 x 97 x 135mm, the same as be quiet!.

why is that pad protruding the way it is? is that a vent with an extra pad added to it?
and why are there fan shaped mounting holes drilled into it?
if there is a fan on the other side it would do no good without actually being able to draw in air which is blocked by the pad.
all it would do is create excess noise by being so close to the padding for no reason.

The pad is covering a vent that is unused. I'm unsure as to why it's so thick.

The bequiet website's wording is a bit unclear. it's states 5.31 inches "without mounting material". it would be helpful to know how much height any mounting hardware might add and this is my concern.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

View: https://imgur.com/va1rTKv

You can see where my 6.3 inch cooler made an impression on the padding
135mm so you have plenty of room but not a great cooler depending on the CPU your mounting it to.

Nothing else matters but the processor your trying to cool. Its sits on the CPU so you would have almost 0 mm mounting material

Dimensions & Weight
Max CPU Cooler Height135 mm
Fan Dimensions92.00 x 92.00 x 25.00 mm
Heatsink Dimensions58.00 x 97.00 x 135.00 mm

Last edited:
Solution

Banqu0

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2015
135mm so you have plenty of room but not a great cooler depending on the CPU your mounting it to.

Nothing else matters but the processor your trying to cool. Its sits on the CPU so you would have almost 0 mm mounting material

Dimensions & Weight
Max CPU Cooler Height135 mm
Fan Dimensions92.00 x 92.00 x 25.00 mm
Heatsink Dimensions58.00 x 97.00 x 135.00 mm

CPU is an Intel Core i5-10400. AFAIK it doesn't run all too hot.

There are no dust filters for that vent unlike the other vents. That, and added noise compels me to keep it covered.
both easily solved;
attachable dust filters are cheap and will install on either outside or inside.
and get a decent fan(s) for your cooler that doesn't generate discernible noise at good RPMs.

i kind of miss my ancient cases that had side vents for better GPU & CPU cooling. though i do like my glass panels better.
last was a nice old 500R with a 200mm side fan that still keeps an overclocked i7-4790K & old HD6890 very cool,
but gave it to my brother-in-law many years ago.