Question Does anyone know the name of this connector?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Oddly, the name is probably Molex. Molex is a company, and while they are more famous for the connectors inside the ATX standard, they make all kinds of things. Might also be AMP.

As for the actual connector, well, if you hacking something together, just stick your pins in the connector directly, or de-solder it and put in your own wires.

I'll look, but these things usually take a while to track down looking through catalogs from Newark, Digikey, etc.

Reactions: dionsp32

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I want to say it is a member of Molex's Mini-Fit line, but I'm not sure. Can't find anything that has two guide pins and latches on the side like that, at least with 10 pins.

Certainly not going to find one pre-wired for what you want to do. I still stay de-solder it and make your own pigtail.

You might be able to jam a standard 2x5 pin board header in there, depending on the pitch.

Reactions: dionsp32
Jan 29, 2019
I want to say it is a member of Molex's Mini-Fit line, but I'm not sure. Can't find anything that has two guide pins and latches on the side like that, at least with 10 pins.

Certainly not going to find one pre-wired for what you want to do. I still stay de-solder it and make your own pigtail.

You might be able to jam a standard 2x5 pin board header in there, depending on the pitch.

I think i will use the psu of the monitor itself because i am bad with soldering. Do you perhaps know if a psu pcb is safe if i wrap it in duct tape? Or do i need to make an enclosure from a different material?

(Sorry for bad english i am not native)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't use duct tape. Not really intended for long term, well, anything. (Not even used for ducts)

Most power supplies require at least some airflow, so wrapping it could lead to overheating. A project box would be fine. If you want to do it on the cheap, re-purpose some high temperature plastic, something that can hold boiling water. Wood would also work.

TRENDING THREADS