[SOLVED] Does anyone know what’s wrong with my PC?

LethalSpaghetti

Prominent
Apr 27, 2022
I’m was fixing a pc and came to the conclusion that the motherboard or processor wasn’t working. So I replaced the 2. The pc contains:

i5-4690
ASU’s gtx 750
Gigabyte ga h81m dsv2 motherboard
Corsair vengeance ram

it now won’t display but sometimes when I change parts it decides to boot but wont do it again after I’ve shut it down. The speaker I plugged into the motherboard makes a clicking noise sometimes when it doesn’t boot. I have used parts I know work on the motherboard and gradually changed them but there isn’t a part or combination that causes problems, it just suddenly stops working. I have reinstalled windows, changed hard drives and is. Changed power supplies, ram cpu and gpus. Don’t know what to do now.

Solution
I'm curious.. you said you replaced the motherboard and CPU.. are they the same motherboard and CPU models as before? If not, you need to do a full reinstall of Windows

Ralston18

Titan
Are you certain that the speaker is working? The clicks you hear may actually be a beep code but perhaps garbled or otherwise distorted.

Beep codes are a pattern of long and/or short beeps that indicate some motherboard related problem.

= = = =

This motherboard?

https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/mb_manual_ga-h81m-ds2v_e.pdf

[Do verify that I found the applicable User Manual.]

Read through the manual paying close attention to all supported components, required connections, and configurations.

Note all warnings and fine print. Refer to Gigabyte's website for additional and/or updated information.

Hopefully there is just some error of omission or commission in what you have done.

Take your time, check everything. Details matter.

LethalSpaghetti

Prominent
Apr 27, 2022
Are you certain that the speaker is working? The clicks you hear may actually be a beep code but perhaps garbled or otherwise distorted.

Beep codes are a pattern of long and/or short beeps that indicate some motherboard related problem.

= = = =

This motherboard?

https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/mb_manual_ga-h81m-ds2v_e.pdf

[Do verify that I found the applicable User Manual.]

Read through the manual paying close attention to all supported components, required connections, and configurations.

Note all warnings and fine print. Refer to Gigabyte's website for additional and/or updated information.

Hopefully there is just some error of omission or commission in what you have done.

Take your time, check everything. Details matter.
everything seems compatable. and the speaker does beep usually when it boots.

Ralston18

Titan
Single beep - correct?

When the system does boot look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that you can associate with any failed boots.

Double check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force anything during a new build or replacement effort. However, some connection or seating that feels tight may actually not be tight.

Sort of in an "in between" position where connectivity may or may not exist.

Power down, unplug, open the case, and carefully unplug/re-plug all connectors, cards, etc. a few times.

Take your time, inspect each connection, slot, etc. and do not force anything. Gently wiggle as necessary to help.

Doing so should smooth out the fit and you may feel some connection going fully into place.

TRENDING THREADS