Does anyone know what ram i can use to upgrade

nlev2017

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
I'm fairly new to computers and do not have a big understanding of what i can upgrade. I currently have 8 GB of ram. From what i have found the speed is 1600 MHz and is DDR3. I am not exactly sure what that means so i guess my question is what could i use to upgrade it. Can i simply by two 8 GB stick and install them? On the stick I have it says AD3U1600W8G11-B

Solution
You could buy another DDR3 8 GB memory module (with the same make and part number as the existing 8 GB module), but there is no guarantee that the two modules will be compatible with each other. In this case other 8 GB modules would have to be tried until a compatible combination is found. Problem is that this may take awhile and may mean more expense.

Ideally, getting a 2 x 8 GB DDR3 dual channel kit to replace the existing module would be the better way to go, as the two modules within the kit are guaranteed to be compatible with each other.
You could buy another DDR3 8 GB memory module (with the same make and part number as the existing 8 GB module), but there is no guarantee that the two modules will be compatible with each other. In this case other 8 GB modules would have to be tried until a compatible combination is found. Problem is that this may take awhile and may mean more expense.

Ideally, getting a 2 x 8 GB DDR3 dual channel kit to replace the existing module would be the better way to go, as the two modules within the kit are guaranteed to be compatible with each other.

Solution