[SOLVED] Does anyone know what this thing is sticking out on top of my Gpu screw

Aug 20, 2020
This weird idk black sticker like thing is sticking out on top of my GPU backplate it seems to me like a sticker or something
does this look normal
just curious to know what this thing is

here a picture
https://ibb.co/NNPsNfg

Solution
Usually there's always one sticker covering one of the screws which is used to mount the GPU cooler.

The idea is that, if you unmount the cooler to replace the cooling paste, or maybe use a different cooler, you break the sticker when unscrewing the screw covered by the sticker.

The sticker is there to reveal to the manufacturer if the cooler has been removed at any point - in some countries, removing the cooler voids the warranty.

EDIT: On some of the stickers, it even says something along the lines of "Warranty void if removed".
Usually there's always one sticker covering one of the screws which is used to mount the GPU cooler.

The idea is that, if you unmount the cooler to replace the cooling paste, or maybe use a different cooler, you break the sticker when unscrewing the screw covered by the sticker.

The sticker is there to reveal to the manufacturer if the cooler has been removed at any point - in some countries, removing the cooler voids the warranty.

EDIT: On some of the stickers, it even says something along the lines of "Warranty void if removed".

Last edited:
Reactions: Teq_q
Solution
Aug 20, 2020

Thanks now I know what it is