Question does anyone know which cpu pins fit in am4 socket

Mar 5, 2019
i accidently broke off some of my pins i tried to replace it with a sempron, but the pin is too tall. I really need this pin for the cpu sensor

thanks!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Broke the pins off what? The cpu fan header? The bottom of the cpu? The cpu cooler?

99.9% of the time, whatever you broke pins off of will need replacing, pc's are sorta like a car engine, you can swap out some things, but if you crack the block or the heads, throw a rod, twist a valve, snap the crank then you are done for, need a new motor. So if you broke off the cpu header pins then new mobo. If you broke the cpu pins, new cpu. If you broke the cpu cooler, new cooler. You won't be able to JBWeld on a band-aid.

Mar 5, 2019
Broke the pins off what? The cpu fan header? The bottom of the cpu? The cpu cooler?

99.9% of the time, whatever you broke pins off of will need replacing, pc's are sorta like a car engine, you can swap out some things, but if you crack the block or the heads, throw a rod, twist a valve, snap the crank then you are done for, need a new motor. So if you broke off the cpu header pins then new mobo. If you broke the cpu pins, new cpu. If you broke the cpu cooler, new cooler. You won't be able to JBWeld on a band-aid.
pins of amd cpu

I would assume am4 cpu pins fit in an am4 socket?

are you trying to use a pin from another cpu to replace the pin that you broke off? by putting it in the pin hole and hoping it makes enough contact? if so sand down the sempron pin that is too long until it is the right height.
your odds of success are not great, best of luck