Does anyone knows what this e-mail means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meriwillyn

Prominent
Aug 25, 2018
Hey guys I received an email from lets say famous online gaming website where I wanted to delete account but instead they told me that it can't be deleted right away even if it does there will be some data left with THIRD parties and also I will have to wait for their confirmation for the account to be deleted (which is connected to my e-mail) and also read this > If you have any concerns with how we are handling this request you have the right to make a complaint to the Information comissioner or seek judicial remedy in your country. Why would I need to go to court for asking account to be deleted what is going on does anyone know? Do I need a lawyer or is that just informal email

Remeca

Reputable
It's pretty standard. They're saying that any information you provided that was already shared with third parties in accordance with their privacy policy won't be removed, because it is no longer in their custody. As for the confirmation, without knowing exactly how they worded it, either you need to confirm the account deletion with an email they will send you that they're asking you to wait for, or deleted accounts are manually reviewed and you'll have to wait for that before it's deleted. Just follow the procedure and I'm sure you won't have to deal with any court stuff, that's just a last resort legal recourse for you to take if the normal procedure and talking to support fails.

meriwillyn

Prominent
Aug 25, 2018
It's pretty standard. They're saying that any information you provided that was already shared with third parties in accordance with their privacy policy won't be removed, because it is no longer in their custody. As for the confirmation, without knowing exactly how they worded it, either you need to confirm the account deletion with an email they will send you that they're asking you to wait for, or deleted accounts are manually reviewed and you'll have to wait for that before it's deleted. Just follow the procedure and I'm sure you won't have to deal with any court stuff, that's just a last resort legal recourse for you to take if the normal procedure and talking to support fails.
tnx but i do not understand why would they mention court do I really need to go there or just a precaution to tell me if I am not satisfied with third party information that is used? do I need to worry?

Remeca

Reputable
tnx but i do not understand why would they mention court do I really need to go there or just a precaution to tell me if I am not satisfied with third party information that is used? do I need to worry?
I assume you are in Europe, which has strong consumer protections. The company is just making sure you know you have a recourse if you think they didn't deal with your information properly.

meriwillyn

Prominent
Aug 25, 2018
I assume you are in Europe, which has strong consumer protections. The company is just making sure you know you have a recourse if you think they didn't deal with your information properly.
How would you find out where the user lives ? And all I asked is that formal and send to everyone or just me because I never had such a problem while deleting a profile which is totally my right in THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
How would you find out where the user lives ? And all I asked is that formal and send to everyone or just me because I never had such a problem while deleting a profile which is totally my right in THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

He ASSUMED you live in Europe because the notice you received is to be compliant with GDPR which is the law in Europe.

Its a form letter telling you it may take some time to delete your account as some data was shared with third parties but they will go ahead and delete that data too and let you know when that happens which may not be immediate.

Then its telling you if you don't like it heres where to complain or sue us.

This is all required under GDPR. You don't need a lawyer, its a form letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.