Jul 27, 2020
This is a problem that has constantly poping up since i got my new computer, thing is out of nowhere my pc decides to give up, videos stop dead on their tracks, i cant write anything, programs dont load, on the task manager all the processes appear to be at 0%, my only option is to restart, but i cant even do that so i have to do it the agresive way by pressing the restart button on the chasis. sometimes it happens when opening/running random programs or while playing games. the point is that can happen either while playing any type of game, from the banner saga to jedi allen order, or just writing on word. i really dont know what to do any more, i´ve had this pc for only six months.

specs:
-cpu: core i7 4790k 4.00GHz
-gpu: GTX 980 ti
-ram: 16GB ddr3 1632 MHz
-motherboard: z97x gigabyte sli
-PS: EVGA 1000w gold
-cooler: corsair H100 I

This is a problem that has constantly poping up since i got my new computer, thing is out of nowhere my pc decides to give up, videos stop dead on their tracks, i cant write anything, programs dont load, on the task manager all the processes appear to be at 0%, my only option is to restart, but i cant even do that so i have to do it the agresive way by pressing the restart button on the chasis. sometimes it happens when opening/running random programs or while playing games. the point is that can happen either while playing any type of game, from the banner saga to jedi allen order, or just writing on word. i really dont know what to do any more, i´ve had this pc for only six months.

specs:
-cpu: core i7 4790k 4.00GHz
-gpu: GTX 980 ti
-ram: 16GB ddr3 1632 MHz
-motherboard: z97x gigabyte sli
-PS: EVGA 1000w gold
-cooler: corsair H100 I

Your new PC was a used one perhaps?

The question is cause perhaps, other than the temperature of the CPU, Windows installation may be bugged.

Did you made a fresh clean install of Windows 10 when you got this new PC?

What a strange combination of components... well not all just the 1000Watts PSU, Im guessing the previous owner may had 2x GTX 980 TI in SLI?... Who knows?

Jul 27, 2020
Your new PC was a used one perhaps?

The question is cause perhaps, other than the temperature of the CPU, Windows installation may be bugged.

Did you made a fresh clean install of Windows 10 when you got this new PC?

What a strange combination of components... well not all just the 1000Watts PSU, Im guessing the previous owner may had 2x GTX 980 TI in SLI?... Who knows?
a guy sold it to me new, i cant tell you how was the windows instalation. and yeah, now that i undesrtand i bit more i can see how the combination of components might be weird but at the time i was very ignorant on tech, thats why i had somebody else build it for me

Jul 27, 2020
So, you got a PC in January. And it has Windows pre-installed right?

Have you tried to backup all the important data and documents on an external drive and make a brand new install of Windows to see if the problem is solved ?
not yet, but before i try that is there any other options before a completely new install of windows?