[SOLVED] Does anyone understands the Device Manager drivers? [photo]

Apr 4, 2020
Hello to everyone.

Recently I noticed that on Device Manager, there's a "driver" on system devices (like in the photo) that says: 3rd Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller. Is this a processor or a chipset, because if it's a processor, then why it shows there when I have Intel Celeron processor, and if it's a chipset, then why it shows there when I have another chipset below.

PHOTO: https://ibb.co/GRd3Bwt

When I try to update this driver with third-party apps, it shows that there's a new driver available named: Xeon Processor.. or smth... I want to uninstall it and to remove it from there because I noticed problems recently with my laptop, but whenever I do that it comes back after reboot.

Does anyone knows what is this and why it's there and is it compatible with my Laptop and OS? Full specs:
Laptop model: ASUS X501A;
Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 1000M 1.80 Ghz, 2 Cores;
Memory: 2GB of RAM.

Thanks in advance!

without checking, i cant tell for sure, but im pretty sure that the celeron 1000m is a 3rd gen celeron cpu.
the dram controller is the part of the cpu that lets it talk with the ram of your system. dont delete it.

the problems youre having are probs because that is a very old laptop running an os that isnt getting updates already.