Does anyone use ASUS PC Diagnostics for Windows 10?

Solution
Last chance: Run driver booster and see if it can find any drivers you missed. I have seen the program running on another video so I know it works for some.

if that doesn't help, just give up and find something else.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Apart from your own question on another forum, there isn't much around about this utility. Last version (1.4) was released over a year ago.

do you get an error or it just doesn't load? have you tried loading it as admin?

Matthew Wai

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2015
I ran it an an administrator and saw the following:
vydqw68wLvMlA3ZTVYTqGoPAMmNHNEd8v-lXrwmlQ7aCLCZqh6FQMt7a0sTK0ApGgiAhGuU6G-50R97dLPPGa0IoYSbLLPha7Jwf4tnaFEDXR_yEaFXnQfUkWtsdhOh6dDAZoI3XTFKEboB_f9HHTrGCCtry4_hcHlIotlv_Upsu2os9FRBPOVlmrakH21RGyOr8YpxRzj3O0JbjyZ9wNCgfo64WTo-DhQkp77rnbXiRLMu-f8sNO-C1NIasmUGvua26mX-2GOOxQ2H4h6Uvdb6QYx84fOZaKNEo8RBJ6O4t2oiOjze3eZsWpm7P07e7G2l-TMShN8Zjeu3X7fKPSpl0ACmeflGlO1tUbd5oJvYsO6dOEay50Gv-QlvpAi8PVSawMqhfkT75e9XP-OBEnlOXeKJCnXBFkPjUiJ1rudfZS-ENGIL99RT-55txM5qrxNq2dUu2ZVeTHWaib7ZMqbuSM6My3NpSTJAtS7Bw1V86fkdzdf6qCikinwR4kxPDWfncXpz69XSMtRUuWOrHySid4bQAQdUdKFl2DreauyJABtbzUBRpEmCrVvSoyVWGkNDZhCjeFFrrHzrOYhmtTl4X9x8Rbw=w602-h509-no

Matthew Wai

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2015
The BIOS is the latest version. A few days ago I installed Probe II Sense suggested by an ASUS moderator, but it doesn't help matter. Perhaps I should give it up and look for an alternative.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last chance: Run driver booster and see if it can find any drivers you missed. I have seen the program running on another video so I know it works for some.

if that doesn't help, just give up and find something else.

Solution

Crimsom_247

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Hi Matthew Wai, I have recently downloaded the ASUS PC Diagnostics v1.4.5 onto my ASUS X540SA-XX345T Notebook whose OS is Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.348). This freeware application is made available by ASUS for Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP. However, I encountered the same problem of not being able to run the ASUS PC Diagnostics software on Windows 10. Control Panel > Programs and Features was visited to see if a repair could be undertaken. Whereupon it was stated that Windows 10 was unable to fully install this program because a dll file is missing. It is unfortunate that ASUS Technical Support could not tell you what was wrong and how to correct this shortfall so that you could run their software.

ASUS have now provided their successor application named [MyASUS for Windows] System Diagnosis and is available for download from the Microsoft Store. I have downloaded this freeware and the software opens but does not load or run any of its System Diagnosis. I also contacted ASUS Technical Support and they repeatedly failed to give any solution to get their freeware to function as advertised.

It seems that ASUS Technical Support do not have the technical expertise that could help their customers. The ASUS Technical Support team should instigate corrective action within ASUS, but they seem reluctant to become unpopular with their ASUS senior management.

ASUS should not claim to offer their freeware when it subsequently does not work as advertised. The ASUS Quality Control process and accreditation needs to be audited.