[SOLVED] Does Asus TUF VG249Q1R support display scaling ?

Endre

Reputable
So, this is a 23.8” monitor with regular 1920 x 1080p resolution, so why using scaling on it?

If you had a 23.8” 2K or a 4K resolution monitor, then Windows scaling option would’ve been needed.

In your case, you don’t gain anything by scaling the image.

So, this is a 23.8” monitor with regular 1920 x 1080p resolution, so why using scaling on it?

If you had a 23.8” 2K or a 4K resolution monitor, then Windows scaling option would’ve been needed.

In your case, you don’t gain anything by scaling the image.
Specifically asking about display scaling, not Windows scaling. Display scaling is a question of how the monitor will handle non-native resolutions, does it just center them with a black border, or does it scale them to fill the screen.

Frankly I can't name any monitors that don't support display scaling, other than NVIDIA G-Sync module monitors. It's a basic function of any display. Most of the time the issue is that monitors don't have an option to turn scaling off and just have the image centered.

Endre

Reputable
Specifically asking about display scaling, not Windows scaling. Display scaling is a question of how the monitor will handle non-native resolutions, does it just center them with a black border, or does it scale them to fill the screen.

Frankly I can't name any monitors that don't support display scaling, other than NVIDIA G-Sync module monitors. It's a basic function of any display. Most of the time the issue is that monitors don't have an option to turn scaling off and just have the image centered.

OK.
Now I get it.
(I never had an Nvidia G-Sync monitor).

Colif

Win 11 Master
So wouldn't looking for a Freesync monitor be the way to go? I had Freesync on my last Samsung 4k monitor and it always ran at 150% which is why I didn't know some monitors didn't have the feature.

Many new Freesync monitors work with G Sync now so why specifically buy G Sync unless you want the top tier version

Reactions: Endre