[SOLVED] does automatic OC void warrenty?

Jul 27, 2020
so, in AMD Radeon Software, under tuning, there is an option for an automatic(by the software) overclock. if i do this, does it then avoid warranty if it breaks or is it still covered by warranty. thanks for help everyone!

Solution
According to their website (they bolded and capitalized it, not me. The typo is also theirs):

"NOTE!AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGES CAUSED BY OVERCLOCKING, EVEN WHEN OVERCLOCKING IS ENABLED VIA AMD HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS IF YOU UNLESS YOU AGREE TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY."

Source

If you're unsure about overclocking you can leave it be as most video cards and CPU's these days come with a form of automatic overclocking right out of the box that's enabled by default. Essentially your video card overclocks itself automatically assuming temperatures are low enough and there's enough power for it to do so.

Assuming you're using something modern that is. Some older cards / processors may not...

Furzumz

Reputable
According to their website (they bolded and capitalized it, not me. The typo is also theirs):

"NOTE!AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGES CAUSED BY OVERCLOCKING, EVEN WHEN OVERCLOCKING IS ENABLED VIA AMD HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS IF YOU UNLESS YOU AGREE TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY."

Source

If you're unsure about overclocking you can leave it be as most video cards and CPU's these days come with a form of automatic overclocking right out of the box that's enabled by default. Essentially your video card overclocks itself automatically assuming temperatures are low enough and there's enough power for it to do so.

Assuming you're using something modern that is. Some older cards / processors may not do it

Solution
Jul 27, 2020

Source

Assuming you're using something modern that is. Some older cards / processors may not do it
thank you man that answers it for me, its a 5700xt aha, so this was more out of curiosity and knowing for in the future thanks for your help !