Question Does bluetooth 4.0 adapter work for V4.2 bluetooth headphones?

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
I was planning on buying Bluedio T5S Headphones to use on my PC. They require bluetooth V4.2 so I was wondering will they work if I buy 4.0 bluetooth adapter and, if they work, are there any differences in performance between the two versions.

I was planning on buying Bluedio T5S Headphones to use on my PC. They require bluetooth V4.2 so I was wondering will they work if I buy 4.0 bluetooth adapter and, if they work, are there any differences in performance between the two versions.
Bluetooth 4.2 extends the functionality of 4.0 by introducing a new low energy feature.
Bluetooth 4.2 will be backward compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.1 devices, but the low energy feature might not be available.

matacar

Reputable
May 4, 2018
Bluetooth 4.2 extends the functionality of 4.0 by introducing a new low energy feature.
Bluetooth 4.2 will be backward compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.1 devices, but the low energy feature might not be available.
So if I understanded you correctly, it will work, but I won't have low energy feature?