Does budget oriented cases with good airflow system even exist?

Apr 28, 2018
Grüße aus Deutsch!
/Greetings from German!/

Hello my fellow friends from tomshardware! I love using air powered cooling solution because for me it gives 'safe' feeling to it because no chance for a leak at all (isn't it obvious?).

Well, currently I'm stuck in the bottom using AMD Ryzen boxed coolers it does the job fine... but few degrees less for some overclocking headroom won't hurt at all right? For now I am looking for a budget oriented case (less than $50 would be appreciated, $70-ish is the furthest I can go) that packs good airflow system in it AND also if possible mATX case because I have a very limited space on my desk.

Danke!
/Thank You!/

Solution

AniChatt

Distinguished
1. Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case
2. Fractal Design - Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case
3. Cooler Master - MasterCase Pro 3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
4. Inwin - 301 Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case
5. Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case: Cheapest

All are decent for your budget. For ryzen 1xxx with box cooler you can hit 38x max. However for ryzen 2xxx you don't need to oc with box cooler for practicality since new XFR boosts many cores more than 4Ghz.

Apr 28, 2018

It looks good with that mesh thingy which should make the air go through with ease, but my question about that case is the build quality? I've heard that CoolerMaster isn't the best when it comes to case material unless you're buying their top tiers.

Apr 28, 2018

I will definitely check your suggestions, anyways what do you think about Raijintek Paean M the open air design and idea is well transformed but it has a big downside which's that case has very minimum to none fan mounts.

I am currently using Ryzen 3 2200G which's basically Ryzen 3 1200 with some tweaks and Vega 8 with no discrete GPU whatsoever I am able to push it into 3.9GHz and running stable but when it gets to 4GHz it just freeze or goes to BSOD, however I don't want to discuss about this on this thread.

AniChatt

Distinguished

That case is definitely not for regular users. Its very different and such open air design will catch lot of dust and big pain for regular cleaning. The quality of Cooler Master is top notch for the price and it has a very good market presence. You can not go wrong with their case.
However a better case will not make a big difference in oc headroom. For any average case put a single intake from front and one exhaust at top or back and you are just perfect. Anything more will marginally gain thermal performance which is not that huge you are thinking of. Of course if all the fans are free from dust and just decent enough say couple of 120mm fans. Here,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OmkmluAYAQ
You have to maintain neutral or +ve air pressure inside case.

Solution
Apr 28, 2018

One question to end all the doubts above about the CoolerMaster case here,

N200 itself looks pretty old on terms of its' design (gloss front panel) but after all it comes about my own taste (which's pretty 'alright' on terms of how much i am spending and expecting), what do you think about that case compared to Corsair Spec M2 on terms of airflow and the look itself?

AniChatt

Distinguished

Why you are bothered for N200? It is obsolete so do the Corsair Spec M2. Buy newer models some of them are mentioned in my list. just forget N200 please. Basically Corsair Spec M2 seems a bit better. But even better options are available.

^ the n200 may be 'old' but the fact is it's a dann good case & always has been.

Decent preinstalled fans , decent noise dampening, direct unhindered airflow path from front to back.

Its still a good case just before the days of fancy windows & Led's

Focus g mini is another great option, it needs a rear case fan adding.

Those are your best 2 matx cases for airflow imo.