Does change my CPU cooler can reduce cpu usage

aldotapia

Commendable
Feb 9, 2018
Hi i have the intel stock cooler, when playing rainbow six siege my cpu is always on 100% usage and i want to know if buying an other cooler can reduce the cpu usage

Solution
A cpu cooler will only help with cooling you cpu. It'll help with keeping the temperature in a safe range while you are using apps or games which requires a lot of cpu power. the reason why the cpu is at 100% is probably because the game is very cpu intensive - meaning it uses a lot of cpu processing power to render the game. Some games are cpu intensive and some of gpu intensive. it's not a bad thing if it's at 100%. however this could indicate a bottleneck in the system. There's tons of good videos on youtube on bottleneck.

Viking2141

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
Not Much, Using a Stock Cooler Wouldnt give that much Difference.
About your cpu usage-What Graphic Card and Processor do You Use?
I Assume there is a Bottleneck!

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
I think it breaks down to the fact, that the game is cpu intensive. If you keep your temperatures under 80°C, you are good. If you want to make your PC more silent or give it a bit of overclock a beefier cooler can help. As for CPU utilisation, it won´t change much.

VSI2110

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
A cpu cooler will only help with cooling you cpu. It'll help with keeping the temperature in a safe range while you are using apps or games which requires a lot of cpu power. the reason why the cpu is at 100% is probably because the game is very cpu intensive - meaning it uses a lot of cpu processing power to render the game. Some games are cpu intensive and some of gpu intensive. it's not a bad thing if it's at 100%. however this could indicate a bottleneck in the system. There's tons of good videos on youtube on bottleneck.

Solution