Jan 24, 2015
Greetings

I just bought new pc system,my pc specifications

Asus H81 gamer

pentium G3258 4.4 ghz overclocked

Zotac gtx 660 (non oc)

4 Gb ram 1600 mhz

My question;

Guys last week I bought to these pc parts but I m just fearing and wondering about my psu is 6 years old cheap one xilence 480w,and as far as I can see it is not enough for my gpu

but I m thinking to buy new one psu,and during 1 week I used my pc parts with 480w xilence,anyway what do you think? has it damaged to my gpu? or how can i understand when gpu is working not properly,because I m playing war thunder and fan speed is %60,case heat is ok both gpu and cpu but just wondering sometimes after 15-20 min with ultra high settings,game is freezing and I m closing from the game,but desktop is ok?,I m not so noob about pc,all drivers are ok,but only psu is old,when it can not give to enough energy to gpu,soo gpu is going to be safe and lock itself cause of low energy?

is psu doing this or not?

thank you...

Solution
It's possible, but I think it's more likely that the GPU was being throttled down due to lack of power. The only way you're really going to know is to buy a new quality PSU and hook it up.

EAJuggalo

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
It's possible, but I think it's more likely that the GPU was being throttled down due to lack of power. The only way you're really going to know is to buy a new quality PSU and hook it up.

Solution

Blitzrisk

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
Also I have to tell,PSU is totally on limit,maybe it has +12V more and 2 days ago pc didn't open,only pc was working but screen was black didn't ever opened,then I cleared bios with jumper and then It opened,anyway I m thinking about Psu is not giving enough power to gpu and then gpu is making that lock in game problem...