Question Does clearing the bios affect the CPU?

Apr 27, 2019
I recently inadvertently cleared the bios on and new install, so i replaced the Motherboard and used the CPU out of the first MB. It wont post and the CPU LED on the MSI MB is lit. Checked power supply, ok, I checked the pins on the MB and none are bent.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's csutomary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Now, can you elaborate what you mean by clearing the BIOS? Did you remove the CMOS battery or did you press a button on the board that was meant to clear BIOS settings?

Apr 27, 2019
I tried updating the Bios with a UBS removable drive and the file was corrupted so I ended up with a DOA MB. My question is very basic. Does Corrupting the motherboard firmware (BIOS, Basic Input/Output Systems) Affect the CPU in anyway? To my knowledge it does not. But however the new MB (MSI MEGZ390ACE) Will not post( power-on self-test ) the board has a CPU LED (light emitting diode) lit, indicating a problem with the CPU( I79700k).I took a high resolution picture and enlarged it and there are no bent pins. I thought I would put the question out there to see if anyone knows something I don't?

I tried updating the Bios with a UBS removable drive and the file was corrupted so I ended up with a DOA MB. My question is very basic. Does Corrupting the motherboard firmware (BIOS, Basic Input/Output Systems) Affect the CPU in anyway? To my knowledge it does not. But however the new MB (MSI MEGZ390ACE) Will not post( power-on self-test ) the board has a CPU LED (light emitting diode) lit, indicating a problem with the CPU( I79700k).I took a high resolution picture and enlarged it and there are no bent pins. I thought I would put the question out there to see if anyone knows something I don't?

No I don't believe I've ever heard of clearing the bios, or updating the bios to cause cpu damage, even when it goes bad. Double check that everything is plugged in as it should be?

And the first motherboard wasn't DOA, you bricked it.