[SOLVED] Does colour of a fan depend on rgb hub?

Oct 3, 2021
i have a rgb hub which is a 4 pin 12v connector in my cabinet msi forge 100m which has 2 fans already connected . I was thinking to buy DEEPCOOL RF140 2in1 2X140mm RGB but it says that it shows 6 colour leds.. but my rgb hub and other fans have 7 colours .. what would happen??

Solution
it's not the amount of colors being shown, it's the amount of lights producing colors.

the only difference should be the the light points on the fan.
on the others you will see 7 light sources, this one you will see 6.
unless you're staring at them and counting them with some sort of OCD issue i doubt it would even be noticeable.
it's not the amount of colors being shown, it's the amount of lights producing colors.

unless you're staring at them and counting them with some sort of OCD issue i doubt it would even be noticeable.

Solution
Oct 3, 2021

i didnt get u tbh... i meant like will a colour itself be missed when it keeps on changing??
i am noob in these things

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Maybe to help: fan specs do not tell you the number of LED's. They tell you the number of LED TRIOS, because every light source spot actually contains three LED's - one each of Red, Green and Blue. The controller manipulates the brightness of each of the three LED colours so that the mixture of lights gives you millions of actual colours at each LED trio. In your system, there are six (or 7) spots where LED groups are mounted, and all of them are controlled to create the same light colour at any one moment.

Oct 3, 2021
Maybe to help: fan specs do not tell you the number of LED's. They tell you the number of LED TRIOS, because every light source spot actually contains three LED's - one each of Red, Green and Blue. The controller manipulates the brightness of each of the three LED colours so that the mixture of lights gives you millions of actual colours at each LED trio. In your system, there are six (or 7) spots where LED groups are mounted, and all of them are controlled to create the same light colour at any one moment.
ok cool thank you .
but actually in deepcool site regarding the same fan .. https://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/2017-07/12_6835.shtml
it shows that it shows 6 colours and there is something as orange too but when my pc can get yellow too
i just dont want it to look weird...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant