[SOLVED] Does cooling affect performance

Jul 20, 2019
Does cpu and overall system cooling matter that much for performance and fps and lifetime. I have been eondering that for abit now and i want to know the fact.

Solution
Does cpu and overall system cooling matter that much for performance and fps and lifetime. I have been eondering that for abit now and i want to know the fact.
Yes it does to some degree, every modern CPU has some built in temperature limits after which it will start to throttle down in order not to hit shutdown temperature but if you force it it will shut down to save itself.
Lower temperatures than throttle limit are not going to affect performance. Some refinement is in 3rd gen Ryzen when lower temperatures (to a point) will allow for higher boost frequency. Border line is about 50c at which even much lower temperatures will not cause any higher boost.
Yes it does to some degree, every modern CPU has some built in temperature limits after which it will start to throttle down in order not to hit shutdown temperature but if you force it it will shut down to save itself.
Lower temperatures than throttle limit are not going to affect performance. Some refinement is in 3rd gen Ryzen when lower temperatures (to a point) will allow for higher boost frequency. Border line is about 50c at which even much lower temperatures will not cause any higher boost.

Solution