Question does cpu affect benchmarking scores for gpu?

Aug 29, 2019
Hi all, does the CPU affect the score a GPU get in a dedicated GPU benchmark? for example, userbenchmark and unigine superposition?

Aug 29, 2019
Yes, a CPU will impact the GPU score on a benchmark. But most GPU benchmarks are not CPU heavy, so the impact wont be as great as it would be in certain CPU heavy games.
i benchmarked my rtx 2070 super on superposition and i got 5500 (average for an rtx 2070 non super!!!) while similar gpus were getting a minimum of 6800, so i thought maybe my cpu was the reason(i have an amd ryzen 5 3600)

No, your 3600 is not the reason for the difference. One thing could be that you are going up against GPUs that are overclocked. So that may be a reason for the lower score, but it should not be a 10-15% difference. There may be something else going on.

It could be a driver issue. Did you upgrade to a new GPU? If so, then you should do a clean uninstall of the drivers. Use the DDU tool below in safemode to remove the drivers, then download the current ones from Nvidia.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If this is a new rig, then go to userbenchmark.com and run a bench. Leave a link here with the results.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS