Jul 1, 2021
Hi, I recently bought a new case and I still have some of my old coolers from my old case, it would be a waste to just throw them, but they are not the best, the case costed 25$ and it came with 3 included blue led fans, so I don’t think they are the best, and I was wondering if I could use one of them as my optional cpu cooler fan, i have a cooler master hyper 212.

Solution
Hi, I recently bought a new case and I still have some of my old coolers from my old case, it would be a waste to just throw them, but they are not the best, the case costed 25$ and it came with 3 included blue led fans, so I don’t think they are the best, and I was wondering if I could use one of them as my optional cpu cooler fan, i have a cooler master hyper 212.
CPU_Opt header is tied to CPU temps and often same as CPU_FAN header, not adjustable separately.
So yes, if you have mounts to cooler, you can use one of those fans in pull configuration although that's not going to lower temps by much.
There could be one problem though, if one fan is 3 pin and another 4 pin my result in funny RPM readings and settings.
If OPT_FAN...
CPU_Opt header is tied to CPU temps and often same as CPU_FAN header, not adjustable separately.
So yes, if you have mounts to cooler, you can use one of those fans in pull configuration although that's not going to lower temps by much.
There could be one problem though, if one fan is 3 pin and another 4 pin my result in funny RPM readings and settings.
If OPT_FAN has no separate settings in BIOS, on 3 pin fan 3rd wire (RPM sensor) should be disconnected so both fans would run at same speed.

Solution