[SOLVED] Does DAC Quality Make a Differnce When Used With a TV w/ Headphones?

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hi All,
A while back i wanted to use wired headphones with my lg c8 tv that doesn't have a headphone jack, What i ended up doing was running the optical cable from the tv to a cheap dac i bought on amazon, a 3.5m cable from the dac to a headphone amp so i could control volume and the headphones into the amp. I recently upgraded my headphones to a pair of beyer 990 80ohm and i'm wondering if my current setup will do them a disservice? The headphone amp is decent and should power them ok, it's a 1st gen fiio q1, but i don't know how much of a difference the dac quality makes when used with a TV? Basically I'm just looking to get the best sound i can from the TV and would love to hear from anyone more knowledgeable then I. Thanks.

Solution
It does not really matter what you use the DAC with, a better sounding DAC will have that sound form any raw source. You are not likely to hear the difference especially if you have not used a bunch of different headphones, amps and DACs.
It does not really matter what you use the DAC with, a better sounding DAC will have that sound form any raw source. You are not likely to hear the difference especially if you have not used a bunch of different headphones, amps and DACs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS