[SOLVED] Does DARK ROCK PRO 4 compatible to [Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO WI-FI with Core i7 10700K and Corsair 32G 3600 Vengeance RGB PRO]

Jul 4, 2020
Hello all

I am looking for a quite CPU cooler for a new PC I build.
I selected Core i7 10700K with an ASUS Motherboard ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO WI-FI, Corsair 32G 3600 Vengeance RGB PRO and RTX 2080 Super.
The CPU cooler that I consider is Be Quite! DARK ROCK PRO 4 . The reason is that I found that it should be very quite comparing the others.

My question is - does it compatible to the combination of the other H/W components I selected ? [specifically I am worried that the Corsair RGB RAM won't have space on this specific motherboard after installing this CPU cooler].

The case I selected is be quiet! Case DARK BASE 700 (Midi Tower).

Will be thankful for your answer !
Moshe

Solution
I selected Core i7 10700K with an ASUS Motherboard ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO WI-FI, Corsair 32G 3600 Vengeance RGB PRO and RTX 2080 Super.
The CPU cooler that I consider is Be Quite! DARK ROCK PRO 4 . The reason is that I found that it should be very quite comparing the others.

My question is - does it compatible to the combination of the other H/W components I selected ? [specifically I am worried that the Corsair RGB RAM won't have space on this specific motherboard after installing this CPU cooler].

You want a quiet system, and that's fine - nothing wrong with that. You're fine with above average...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

You want a quiet system, and that's fine - nothing wrong with that. You're fine with above average thermals, as long as it's not thermal throttling.

1)10700K... Dark Rock Pro 4... Not bad - it'll be fine if you're not looking to overclock.
I've got 2 more potential suggestions if you're interested: Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT and Scythe FUMA 2.

2)2080 Super + Dark Base 700. This is what I have the most concern with.
A silent chassis combined with a 300w+ gpu, that is potentially the loudest part in the PC.
There's the dilemma of maintaining a silent fan profile while not thermal throttling the gpu. Plus, with how these gpus boost push higher core frequencies the cooler they run... IDK, perhaps get an AIO cooled gpu, it'll likely fare better in that chassis.

Solution